Want to put some disney DVD movies to Hudl 2 tablet for keeping the kids entertainment on a car journey or long flight? Here I would throw a quick tutorial up.
Tesco’s first Hudl tablet successor, the Hudl 2, continues maintain the various design features of its predecessor, but makes some key upgrades:
- The display is physically bigger than before — it’s now 8.3 inches, rather than 7 inches — and it’s had a resolution bump too. It has a full HD (1,920×1,200-pixel) resolution, which is a noticeable bump up from the 1,440×900-pixels of its predecessor. Icons and text look sharper and the display itself is both brighter and has much better colours.
- The speakers on the back have been changed from thin slits to grids of large circles, which is an effect that I think looks pretty cool. The speakers bear the Dolby Audio name. You won’t feel totally immersed in sound when watching some DVD movies and HD videos, but they’re loud enough to at least hear who’s angry at who on “Eastenders” while you’re chopping up veg for your dinner.
- The thick rubberised body is easy to hold and feels capable of putting up with a decent amount of knocks and bumps.
- Around the edges of the tablet you’ll find a micro-USB port for charging and data transfer, a mini HDMI port for hooking the slate up to a big TV and a microSD card slot for expanding the 16GB of built-in storage. While 16GB is fairly generous for a budget tablet, if you want to load up some disney DVD movies to keep the kids entertained on a car journey or long flight, you’ll want to pop in a card.
Sure, if you’re looking for the absolute best image quality on a tablet screen then look towards the bigger, brighter screens on the iPad Air or Samsung Galaxy Tab S, but for the money, the Hudl 2 is more than adequate. For casual sofa surfing, watching Netflix movies in bed or tweeting about who deserved to win “Great British Bake Off”, the Hudl 2 will suit you well and your kids certainly won’t be complaining about less-than-outstanding screen quality.
Getting your children favourite DVD movies to Tesco Hudl 2 tablet doesn’t have to be difficult. True, it hasn’t always been easy, as anyone who’s ever had to decrypt the disc with one app then rip and convert it with another will attest, but there is now a better and easier way, try a top-ranked DVD Ripper (Review).
Why is it so good? Partly it comes down to sheer ease of use. The DVD Ripper removes encryption, automatically selects the main title and outputs it smoothly in the right order, with next to no work from the user. With ready-made configurations for the most commonly-used video formats and every major make and model of tablet and smartphone. This DVD ripper for Hudl 2 can professionally rip DVD to Hudl 2 and other tablets and samrtphones, including DVD to Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy Tab S, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, Google Nexus 6, Nexus 9, Nexus 7, Amazon Fire Phone, Kindle Fire HD, Surface, Nook HD/HD+, Hudl, iPad Air 2, iPhone 7/6 plus, iPad Mini 3, Apple TV 3 and so on. What’ s more, it is also capable to convert DVD to various video formats, like MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, SWF, F4V, FLV, MPG, WMV, M4V, H.264, etc. for playback on various popular devices.
The great DVD Ripper also handles DVD discs protected by the most challenging encryption systems, including the particularly prickly schemes used by Sony and Disney. Discs that make other DVD rippers crash or splutter don’t pose any problems, and Aimersoft continually upgrades the program to support and rip the latest DVDs. Most of all, Aimersoft DVD Ripper is fast. With support for multi-core processors, hyper-threading and GPU acceleration, it can rip a DVD at lightning speeds.
Free download or buy DVD to Hudl 2 Tablet Converter:
Guide: The easiest way to rip DVD to Hudl 2 compatible formats
After downloading, follow the wizard to install and run the program. Then follow the steps below to rip DVD to Tesco Hudl 2 tablet playable videos in a few clicks! The below guide takes DVD Ripper for Windows screenshots for example.
Step 1. Add the DVD movies
Insert the DVD disc into your computer’s DVD drive and click the “Load DVD” button on the top left to select and load the DVD movies you want to play on your Huld 2 or other tablets. ISO and IFO files are also supported. After the movies are loaded, you can preview them on the right viewing window and adjust volume or take snapshots freely.
Tips: You can click on the dropdown list of “Subtitles” to select your needed subtitles so that you can view DVD movies on Hudl 2 Tablet with proper subtitles.
Step 2. Select output format for Hudl 2 tablet
Just click “Profile” and select Hudl 2 tablet playable video formats from “Common Video” or “HD Video” category, such MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. As you see, all regular video and audio formats like MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, etc. are provided.
Below is a list of file formats that are compatible with the Hudl:
- Video: AVI, MP4, MKV, MOV and FLV.
- Music: MP3, WAV, APE, OGG and FLAC.
- Image: JPG, BMP, GIF and PNG.
If you want to rip your DVD movies for play on portable devices, including iPhone, iPad Air, iPad Mini 3, Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia, Media Players and more, you can simply browse to find the icon of your device and select it as the output format to get videos with optimized settings. All Idevices output files can be synced to iTunes automatically.
Tips – Optional
1. By clicking the “Settings” button beside “Profile”, you can adjust the output video/audio resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc. to customize the output files to get the best quality you want.
2. Just below Profile is Output, here you can browse your computer for a better destination folder for DVD Ripper to save your converted movies.
3. You can use this DVD to Hudl 2 Converter to edit, combine and crop your DVD movie. You can access all available editing functions by either clicking “Edit” or “Trim” in the menu bar.
Step 3. Start to rip DVD to Hudl 2 friendly video formats.
When you are satisfied with all the settings, you can click “Start” and let the software do the DVD to Hudl 2 Tablet MP4 conversion. The ripping time depends on the quality and duration of the output movie. Wait for the conversion to be done and click “Find Target” to get the converted video files and just transfer them to your Hudl 2 tablet without limitation!
Tesco Hudl 2 review: The best value tablet for your family
The Good: The Tesco Hudl 2 has a sturdy, fun design, a decent screen and loads of info on how to keep your kids safe when they venture online. Oh, it’s also incredibly cheap.
The Bad: The interface can be a little sluggish and the vast amount of Tesco software may dissuade buyers who frequent other supermarkets.
The Bottom Line: Although it won’t appeal to those of you looking for the slickest slate around, the Tesco Hudl 2 has the power, display quality and build to keep the whole family happy. The wealth of child safety features are a nice addition too.
- 8.3 inch 1920 x 1200 (Full HD) screen
- Intel Atom quad-core processor up to 1.83 GHz, 2 GB of RAM
- Android Kitkat 4.4.2 operating system
- Stereo speakers with Dolby optimised audio
- 5 Mp rear facing camera and 1.2 Mp front facing camera
- 16 GB storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 8 hour battery life
- Dual band Wi-Fi, micro-HDMI
- 8 colours: Jazzy Blue, Zesty Orange, Slate Black, Rocket Red, Tropical Turquoise, Dreamy White, Perky Purple and Bubblegum Pink.
- Pre-loaded with Parental filter and controls
- Get iTunes .m4v on Your Android Tablet or Smartphone
- Watch DVD movies on my Nvidia Shield Tablet
- Rip DVD to Plex Media Server for streaming and watching
Ready to Try or Buy DVD Ripper?