How to Backup DVD to Hard Drive on Computer?
Have a great number of DVD collections? Want to rip them and backup your favorite DVDs to your Hard Drive for watching anytime anywhere? Or only because DVDs are fragile and inconvenient to carry? As a matter of fact, there are many cases in which you may want to backup DVD to Hard Drive on Windows or Mac. So how to copy DVD to Hard drive? The key to the problem is to choose a right DVD to Hard Drive Ripper.
There are so many DVD ripping programs on the internet that you have trouble deciding which one to choose? To choose the right one, four major things should be noted:
1. DVD protections, like region code, RCE, DVD CSS, Sony ArccOS, Disney, UOPs, etc present another major obstacle for many DVD rippers. Many of them just crash or break down when come to those DVD protections.
2. Conversion Choices, the current crop of DVD rippers has made it extremely easy to convert a DVD for specific file types and devices. They do this by including the afore-mentioned library of output profiles. All you need to do is load your disc into the application, select the file format, device or service from the library, and start the rip. This category evaluates the breadth and versatility of the conversion choices offered by each application.
3. Customization Tools, even the most exhaustive library of preprogrammed output profiles can’t cover the infinite ways that you can customize a video. The best DVD ripping programs allow you to adjust technical aspects of videos, such as codecs, aspect ratios, bit-rates, frame rates and more, before you rip them. Most of the products we reviewed include a basic video editor that allows them to trim away unwanted footage, crop video, add watermarks and edit subtitles. This category shows you which applications have which tools.
4. Help & Support, no matter how easy an application is to use, occasionally some customers need support. Manufacturers that provide excellent customer service make the best DVD rippers. This service comes in the form of tutorials, FAQs and knowledgebase on their websites. If you can’t get an answer in those ways, manufacturers should offer email or LiveChat support.
A Reliable DVD to Hard Drive Ripper software “Aimersoft DVD Ripper” is proven to be highly recommended as it has been continually upgraded to support the latest DVDs and Windows 10. The 2022 best DVD Ripper enables you to decrypt latest DVDs (include Deadpool, The Martian, Zootopia, Hunger Game 3, etc.) and re-encode the media content on DVD discs to all mainstream videos and audio formats for copy to Hard Drive which have an excellent quality, include MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MPEG, TP, TRP, HD MP4, HD AVI, HD WMV, HD MOV, HD MKV, MP3, M4A, AC3, AAC, WMA, WAV, OGG, APE, MKA, AU, AIFF, FLAC, M4B, etc. and any devices playable formats.
Thanks to the adoption of the NVIDIA® CUDATM technology, the conversion is processed on NVIDIA’s GPU instead of your computer’s CPU, leaving more of your CPU available to handle other applications. That means Aimersoft DVD Ripper has six-time-faster standard and high-definition video conversion, higher quality, and smoother playback for all movies. You will gain an impressive processing speed and the resulting video file’s quality is approximately the same as the original. Now it’s no trouble at all to convert and copy DVD movies to your Hard drive on computer.
Pros: This application enables you to rip movies from your DVD to Hard Drive and optimize them for playback on any device, from a computer to a table, smartphone, TV, Gear VR or a Gaming system.
Cons: We haven’t found
Verdict: This is the most powerful DVD ripper software available and the easiest to use.
Download the right version and follow the steps below to copy DVD to Hard Drive on computer with ease.
How to Rip and Copy DVD to Hard Drive on Computer?
Step 1. Add your DVD movies
Insert the DVD disc into your DVD drive and click “Load DVD” to select and import the DVD movies you want to rip to your hard drive.
Step 2. Choose the output video format
Click the “Profile” drop down list to select the output video format. Various formats are available like MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, MPEG, MP3, AAC, AC3, FLAC, OGG, WMA, etc. Simply doubly click the one you prefer. If you want to rip your DVD to any mobile device like iTunes, iPhone, iPad, Android, Surface, Samsung Galaxy S7/S6, Galaxy Note 5, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii, etc., you can choose the respective device format from the scheme.
Step 3. Fetch and add metadata to DVD movies
Click the Find Info button on top of the main window, there will pop up a windows that allows you to search the DVD movie metadata. All you need to do is enter the movie name and click the search button to begin metadata searching. All movie information courtesy of TMDb (www.themoviedb.org).
P.S. If you want to use this DVD Ripper to edit, combine and crop your DVD movie, please view our DVD Ripper Online Guide.
Step 4. Start Copying DVD to Hard Drive
When all the settings finishes, press “Start” to begin ripping DVD movies to your computer’s hard drive. All the tasks can be finished with 6x faster speed and high output quality. After the conversion, click “Find Target” to get the converted DVD movies and play them anywhere you like without any limitations!
- Choosing to rip DVD to hard drive means you get choice to play back DVD movies on various media players or portable devices. Thus, it’s strongly suggested you choose profile according to your media player or device.
- This DVD ripping software even allows you to create 3D movies out of common DVD movies and edit DVD movies before ripping to videos like trimming, adding watermark, adjust effect, etc.
- Mac users need to turn to Aimersoft DVD Ripper for Mac to rip and convert DVD to hard drive on Mac for DVD backup.
DVD Backup FAQs
1. Is it legal to decrypt protected DVD discs or remove region code?
The movie industry has every right to its intellectual property. However, when you purchase a DVD, you should be able to do whatever you want with what you’ve purchased, as long as you don’t redistribute the material in an unauthorized way. That means you have the right to decrypt protected discs or remove disc regions upon DVD discs you’ve purchased. This post aims to offer you effective solutions to copy or/and convert protected DVD discs you’ve purchased, not encouraging you to decrypt DVD discs you rent or borrow. Meanwhile, decrypted DVD content is not encouraged for commercial or profitable purposes.
2. How to see if my DVD disc is copy protected or not?
If the disc is licensed, bought in an official shop, it is protected. If you get your DVD discs from other sources, there’re also ways to tell whether it’s protected or not: 1. Check the box of the disk to see whether the bow of the licensed DVD is qualitative, bright and firm or not. The disk itself should not be dirty or damaged. 2. Play back it on DVD player. The menu of a protected DVD is usually colorful and professionally-made. 3. Try to copy or convert it with non-decrypting DVD copy or converting apps. Protected DVD discs won’t let you copy or convert.
3. What about the DVD disc region code?
Commercial DVDs are protected not only against duplication by CSS protection, but they have region codes embedded — codes that restrict where these DVD discs could be played back. You could change the DVD player region code to play back these region-coded DVD discs, but for only 5 times. To solve the DVD disc region code restriction, you get 2 choices: 1. Remove DVD disc region code with DVD decrypting apps. 2. Make use of 3rd-party DVD players that allows you to adjust DVD player region code unlimited.
4. What should I need if I want to copy or convert protected DVD disc?
Just find a DVD converting app that has disc decrypting feature to help you bypass these DVD protections and remove the disc region code. There’re a lot of DVD Ripper software apps that could help you do this, like Aimersoft DVD Ripper, etc. Through decrypting, these apps make DVD backups unencrypted and region-free.
5. How will the disc decryption go on?
If you use above-mentioned DVD Copy and DVD Ripper for decrypting discs, the decryption would happen automatically, with no manual operation required.
6. Can I just copy certain DVD titles for backup?
Yes. Currently, most DVD backup software allow you to select DVD backup mode, which offers accessibility for you to select only desired titles or chapters for backup.
7. Can I select subtitles and audio tracks for DVD backup?
Of course yes. As long as source DVD movies include subtitles and audio tracks, you’re able to select desired ones for adding to the final DVD backups.
8. Can I play DVD movies on my iPad tablet?
Yes. You could make use of DVD Ripper or other DVD converting programs to convert DVD movies to video files and then play DVD movies on iPad tablet, iPhone, iPod, Android mobile phones and tablets, Microsoft devices, Nvidia Shield, Nabi, etc.
Summary: Aimersoft DVD Ripper is the best and the fastest DVD ripping software that will rip and backup any DVD movies to Hard drive. Once you get it, DVD movie enjoyment can’t be more simpler than ever.
2 thoughts on “How to Backup DVD to Hard Drive on Computer? ”
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really loved surfing around your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing in your feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!
This is the greatest product I have found for making backups of my DVD movies. I have been using it for many years without a glitch yet. It works fast and seamlessly. Not sure what I would do without it.