Still have doubt about how to convert HD Videos to H.265(HEVC) MP4/MKV for playing? Let’s see step by step procedure to convert H.264/MPEG-4, MKV, Tivo, FLV, M2TS, VOB, WMV and others to H.265/HEVC MP4/MKV files and you will get a clear idea.
You may know about H.264/MPEG-4, but may not know about this H.265/HEVC. H.265 or High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) is the latest generation video compression standard. HEVC doubles the data compression ratio compared to H.264 or MPEG-4 AVC at the same level of video quality. That is the compressed video file will be half the size of the video file compressed with H.264. This H.265/HEVC also can support 4K and 8K Ultra High Definition video, with a picture size up to 8192×4320 pixels. wikipedia)
In near future, HEVC will be used by almost every content. It is a matter of decision for service whether to send data using HEVC/H.265 instead of MPEG-4/H.264. Many companies have already begun to use HEVC for streaming 4K content. Like the hottest Samsung NX1 has already explore this brand new market. Netflix, Amazon, M-Go also are few of them. Netflix has begun to use HEVC to stream 4K content to few 4K TVs equipped to decode HEVC. Leading television manufacturer like LG, Sony, Samsung, Vizio, Panasonic and Toshiba will manufacture TVs with HEVC support and those TVs will be able to stream 4K content.
A lot of users want to convert their video files to H.265 format since it’s the best format for video experience. In order to convert different video files like H.264, MPEG-4, MKV, VOB, FLV, F4V, WMV, Tivo, MP4, MOV, MPG, WebM and others to H.265 (HEVC), you will need to have a reliable H.265/HEVC Video Converter to do the job. You can also convert H.265 files to other formats, too. The UniConverter is one of them. It’s available for both Windows and Mac OS X. You can also download a trial version of the converter. The salient features of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate are:
- Provides 30x faster conversion than any other conversion tools available in the market.
- It can convert a video file to virtually any format.
- Can transfer the converted video files to other device using Wi-Fi network.
- Can burn video files to DVDs.
- Can also edit video file before conversion.
- It can also download YouTube video with just one click.
So if you want to get started and convert your video files to H.265 or convert H.265 video to other formats but don’t have any idea where to begin, we are here to help you. Just read further to know what things you can do to successfully convert your video files into H.265 format.
Download it from below and install the best H.265/HEVC Video Converter Ultimate on your computer and launch it.
Converting various Videos Files to H.265/HEVC Files on Windows/Mac
Step 1: Add video files
To add source video to the H.265/HEVC Video Converter, you can choosing “Add Files”, a file folder will pop up and from there you can browse and choose the file you want to convert. The second and simpler way to do this is by opening the folder containing the file you want to convert and directly drag and drop it into the HEVC video converter software window.
Step 2. Choose H.265 MP4 or H.265 MKV as the Output Format
In order to convert any Video files to H.265/HEVC file, you just have to select the format you want your file to be converted to, let’s say, MP4 (since it’s the best file that goes with Apple devices.) you can do this by choosing the format icon in “Output Format” pane to see the drop-down format available in the software, choose “HEVC MP4” or “HEVC MKV” from the “Video” category, and then select “H.265/HEVC” as video Encoder by going to the “Settings” option.
Tips: If you want to convert a H.265 file format into another format, simply choose what format you want your file or files to be converted to.
Step 3. Start to convert Videos to HEVC/H.265
Press on “Convert” button in the bottom part of the video converter software window and the H.265/HEVC video conversion will then begin. Wait until it’s done, the speed of completion always depends on how big or how many your files are.
You can easily find the output files in the output folders once the conversion is done. This video converter software also provides good editing features like merge videos, split, crop, and adding effects, and a lot more.
How to Play H.265(HEVC) videos?
Here is a list of the top 2 players that can play HEVC files:
1. DivX Player
DivX player is another robust HEVC video file player. It is an award winning software that offers HEVC playback. It offers high-quality playback of movies, TV shows. It supports almost all the popular formats like AVI, DIVX, MKV, MP4 and more. By using its DivX Media Server one can stream music, video and photos to any DLNA-compatible device at home like PS3, XBOX, or Samsung Galaxy line of product. With the Stream To feature in player user can also control which device they can stream their videos to.
The salient features of DivX Player are:
- It supports video up to 4K.
- Supports multi-language subtitle and easy switching between the subtitles.
- Supports multiple audio tracks.
- Smooth FF/RW allows quick navigation to the desired scene.
- Can access different scenes with just the push of button.
- Can stream videos, music and photos to any DLNA-compatible device.
- Can keep track of the purchased DivX content.
2. VLC Media Player
Another player that can play HEVC file is the VLC Media Player, which is a free and open source player and framework. It supports a wide range of multimedia files. It can also play DVDs and various streaming protocols.
The salient features of VLC media player are as bellows:
- It is simple, fast and powerful media player.
- Plays most codecs MPEG, DivX, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3 and many more
- It runs on all platforms including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Unix.
- It can perform media conversion and streaming
- Absolutely free
- No spyware, no ads and no user tracking.
Now you can experience the H.265/HEVC videos on your H.265 video player!
- Encode MP4 to MPEG-2 for TV stations, TV receivers, DVD players, NLE
- Auto Sync Video Footage to the Beats of Music Using Filmora
- Can PS4 play MKV, AVI, VOB, M4V, M2TS, H.265, WMV, FLV, Tivo videos?
- 5 Ways to Extract Data from PDF Documents(Form, Text, Image, Page)
- 2022 Perfect Adobe Premiere Pro Alternatives for Beginner
- What’s the best Alternative for Adobe Premiere Elements in 2022?
- 3 Easy Methods fpr Convert a Word to PDF