Some questions are asked in the forum: “Is it possible to convert MP4 to MPEG-2 video?”, the answer is absolutely yes. As far as I know, MPEG-2 is often designed as a standard format for TV stations, TV receivers, DVD players, Non-linear editing software (Premiere, Sony Vegas Pro, etc.) and other equipments. So, if you have few MP4 format video footage from a Surveillance System/Camcorders/Online Website, etc. and want to convert them to MPEG-2 so that it can be played in a standalone DVD Player or TV, etc., this article will recommend a powerful MP4 to MPEG-2 video conversion tool to let you easily convert MP4 to MPEG-2 files with high video quality output and super-fast conversion speed.
To avoid data loss during the conversion process, you’d better think carefully before working a third-party program to convert your MP4 video to MPEG-2. Take it easy. If you work with Wondershare UniConverter (Originally Video Converter Ultimate), you will successfully convert MP4 to MPEG-2 without any loss. It’s a strong and almighty tool to carry your points, and fully compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista. And if you’re using a Mac, you can just get Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac to convert MP4 to MPEG-2 on Mac OS X (El Capitann, Yosemite, Mavericks and Mountain Lion included).
What’s more, if you want to play other video and audio files(like H.265, 4K Videos, MKV, AVI, WMV, VOB, Tivo, FLV, M4V, WebM, M2TS, TS, Flac, WMA, W4A, etc.) on you iPad, iPhone, Galaxy S22, Galaxy Tab S8, PS4, WD TV Live, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, Xbox One, Xbox 360. Roku 3, Plex, smart TVs, etc., you still can use it. Plus, if you want to know how to burn MP4 to DVD, the converter can also do it.
- Convert MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2 to MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, and other 1000+ video formats
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices, like iPhone, iPad, etc.
- Edit the video files with trimming, cropping, cutting, merging, adding subtitles, etc.
- Burn videos to DVD with customized free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Versatile toolbox combines video metadata editor, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder
Now, please click the download button below to save the converter to your computer. And then, just follow the tutorial to convert MP4 to MPEG-2 step by step.
How to Convert MP4 to MPEG-2 formats on Windows/Mac?
Step 1. Launch and Add Files to MP4 to MPEG Converter
After downloading the software, install and open it on your PC/Mac. Then, select the MP4 files you want to convert by clicking on the Add Files button or dragging and dropping the file into the program window.
Step 2. Personalize your MP4 files (Optional)
Once you have added the MP4 file into the program window, you can edit the video before converting it. You only need to click one of the editing buttons under the video thumbnail to enter the Editing window. This is an easy-to-use tool and comes with multiple options to enhance your video, like trimming, rotating, adding subtitles, etc.
- Crop: Remove black margins of the video, customize the screen size (16:9, 4:3 etc), and adjust volume.
- Trim: Cut off any clip of the video or just combine the clips you want.
- Effect: Add cool effect to personalize your video.
- Subtitles: Import the plug-in subtitles or customized subtitles.
- Watermark: Apply picture or text as watermark
Step 3. Select Target Format as MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2
Whether you edit the MP4 video or not, you can select the target conversion format from the drop-down menu of Output Format, and choose the MPEG format and resolution from the Video tab. Various video formats are provided here, including special formats for devices.
If you want to watch MP4 video files on some device, you can select an optimized presets for the device under the “Device” category.
Step 4. Start Converting MP4 to MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2
Finally, click on the Start All button to start the MP4 to MPEG-2 conversion. The process will be finished in a while, and you can find the converted videos from the Finished tab. By the way, the conversion speed is ultrafast, thanks to its leading APEXTRANS technology.
When conversion is done, you can click the “Open Folder” option to find these converted files. Note that the output files are with the extension .mpg.
If you are looking for a MP4 to MPEG2 converter for Mac with the fastest conversion speed and best output video quality, you’d better try Wondershare UniConverter for Mac.
- Fast conversion speed: The software makes use of the latest technology and thus has super fast conversion speed.
- Supports multiple formats: The software is compatible with the majority of the formats including MPEG, Flash, AVI, MP4, 3GP, YouTube, and others.
- High Quality: Though the software is free to use, it does not compromise on the quality, and the conversion is of high quality to offer great video experience.
- Comes with editing features: Along with conversion, the software also allows video editing features like trimming, adding subtitles and watermarks, resetting size, and others to enhance your overall experience.
- Secure and full support: The software is completely secure and also comes with 24/7 support.