You just got a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 tablet? Want to know What video formats can be playable on Galaxy Tab S8 as well as and play videos & movies on Galaxy Tab S8 smoothly? If necessary, please continue reading.
The Galaxy Tab S series is Samsung’s high-end tablet line, running the Android operating system and mirroring the Galaxy S series of smartphones.
|2014||Samsung Galaxy Tab S|
|2015||Samsung Galaxy Tab S2|
|2017||Samsung Galaxy Tab S3|
|2018||Samsung Galaxy Tab S4|
|2019||Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S6|
|2020||Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S7|
|2021||Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Fan Edition|
|2022||Samsung Galaxy Tab S8|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra|
The screen size as well as space of storage is even more encouraging for movie lovers. Now, can’t wait to upload or transfer all of your videos & movies and the latest TV shows or series to your Galaxy Tab S8 or earlier Galaxy Tab S series(Galaxy Tab S7, Tab S6, etc.)?
However, it can get pretty frustrating when some of the video/audio files just don’t seem to playback very well or not recognized by your Galaxy Tab S8 at all. Therefore, a thorough understanding of Galaxy Tab S8 supported file formats is necessary. Check this out. You’re guaranteed to know your tablet much more after this as well as the best video settings and format for your device. Please continue reading for more information.
Part 1: Samsung Galaxy Tab S series Supported Formats
Galaxy Tab S series Video Formats Supported:
- H.263, H.264(AVC), MPEG4, VC-1, Sorenson Spark, MP43, WMV7, WMV8, VP8
- Recording : FHD (1920 x 1080) @30fps
- Playback : WQHD (2560 x 1440) @30fps
Galaxy Tab S series Audio Formats Supported:
- MP3, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC
Among the formats above, MP4 is highly recommended for its easy availability, high compatibility, great compression rate and especially amazing video quality.
Galaxy Tab S Serries not supported format:
- Video: DVD, ISO/IFO files, MKV, WMV, MPG, Tivo, AVI with most codec, M4V, MOV, FLV, VOB, MTS, M2TS, ASF, 3GP, NSV, RMVB, WTV, OGV, MXF, VRO, , etc.
- Audio: M4A, AC3, WAV, OGG, APE, MKA, AU, AIFF, M4B, M4R, MP2, MPA
Part 2: Best Video Setting for Your Samsung Galaxy Tab S Series
As shown above in Part 1, you can mainly import and playback video files that are either in the form of an MP4, H.263 or H.264. However, the best video format for your Galaxy Tab S series is still an MP4 paired with the H.264 video codec and AAC audio.
The best video setting for the Galaxy Tab S series: resolution, frame rate, bit rate, channel, etc.
- Encoder: H.264
- Resolution: 1280*720 or 1920*1080
- Frame Rate: 30 fps
- Bit Rate: 4000 kbps or 6000 kbps
- Encoder: AAC
- Channel: 2
- Sample Rate: 48000Hz
- Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Part 3. Convert Videos to Galaxy Tab S8 Supported formats
If you have downloaded any video files that are not supported by Galaxy Tab S series tablets, the best way to play videos on Galaxy Tab S series devices is by converting videos to Galaxy Tab S series device compatible format, and for this, a professional video converter is needed. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Video Converter Ultimate) is one such stable and reliable tool that can be used to convert various video & audio files to Galaxy Tab S series compatible format without any quality loss. This wonderful software supports over 1000 formats to meet all your conversion needs without compromising on quality. The responsive and simple interface of the software further makes the task quick and easy. Once the files are converted to compatible formats, you can play Videos on Galaxy Tab S8/S7/S6 or earlier Galaxy Tab S series without any hassles. Thus Wondershare VCU can be termed as one of the best Galaxy Tab S Video Converter.
- Convert audio/video format and DVD to other 1000+ video formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, etc.
- 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit the video files with trimming, cropping, cutting, merging, adding subtitles, etc.
- Burn videos to DVD with customized free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Versatile toolbox combines video metadata editor, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder
You can always download the trial version and try it out on some of your existing video files. Remember to always duplicate a file to work on so that you’ll still have the original or master copy in case anything goes wrong.
Step 1. Once installed, launch UniConverter on your PC. On the main interface, select the Converter tab and click the Add Files icon in Wondershare UniConverter to add the desired video files from the PC, or a quick drag-and-drop. Isn’t that handy?
Step 2. Select Samsung Galaxy Tab S series devices compatible format
This app respectively offers an optimized pre-setting for Samsung Galaxy Tab S, Galaxy S, etc. Just choose a compatible output format according to your Samsung Galaxy model. Select the Output Format on the right-side panel. From the drop-down menu, select SAMSUNG from the Device category.
Your best video settings for the Galaxy Tab S can be retrieved by clicking on the “Settings” button.
Step 3. Convert Videos to Galaxy Tab S series supported format by click the Start All to start the process.
With the above steps, you can successfully convert Videos to Galaxy Tab S8 and other Galaxy Tab S series. This 2022 best Galaxy Tab S Video converter will convert the video files with top quality and speed, AMD APP and NVIDIA CUDA acceleration technology is supported by this program, it can save much time for you.
If you do not remember the location of generated files, click “File Location” button to find it quickly.
Part 4. How to transfer files from PC to Samsung tablet via USB?
The Galaxy Tab S series devices acts like an external hard drive. You just need to connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 to your PC with a USB cable that comes with your Tab S8, then transfer the converted videos from computer to your Galaxy Tab S8 directly.
Although manual file transfer via a USB cable cannot move files as fast as using a professional program, it is one of the simplest ways to transfer files from a PC to a Samsung tablet. In this way, you can put movies on a Samsung tablet with a Samsung cable. Please note that PTP is only for photo transfer, so you’d better choose MTP.
Here’s how to put videos on Samsung Tablet from a PC manually:
Step 1. Prepare a USB Cable
Please prepare a suitable cable for your Samsung tablet, and use it to connect the device to the PC.
Step 2. Set the Developer Options
Then choose the “MTP” or “File Transfer” option on the pop-up screen of your Galaxy Tab.
Step 3. Transfer Movies to Samsung Tablet
– After connected, open This PC, and find the videos you desire to transfer. Next, drag and drop them to a folder located in your Samsung Tab.
– Now, please wait for the transfer process. The transfer time depends on how big the file you are transferring.
What are other solutions?
Sometimes, you may be unable to transfer files from a PC to the Galaxy Tab due to hardware or software related problems. When there is a problem in transferring files from the PC to the Galaxy Tab, the hardware cable should be checked. If there is no problem with the cable but you are still unable to transfer the files from the PC to the Galaxy Tab, the USB settings of the Galaxy Tab will need to be configured properly. Here’s how to do it:
1. Disconnect your USB cable.
2. From the home screen of your tablet, go to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networking > USB Settings.
3. Select Mass Storage.
4. Reconnect the tablet to your PC using the data cable and on the Galaxy Tab tap Mount.
5. Finally, you should be able to access the storage unit of the Tablet via Windows Explorer by following the instructions above.
Note: To disconnect your device, press the Turn off button.
Wish the reader have a nice day.