Outline: If you want to insert/embed MP4 video into PowerPoint 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, even older version of PowerPoint,we offer the Full-solution!
If you have try to embed an MP4 video to PowerPoint, and you should find the steps are very simple, direct and easy. All you have to do is click on Insert > Movie (the name of the buttons might vary slightly depending on the version of PowerPoint you’re using) and then browse for the video file from your local directory. You can then set the video clip to playback automatically or when it’s clicked. The option can also be changed later on.
However, we can also see some common issues by googling “how to insert/embed MP4 to PowerPoint”, such as:
- “Why Can’t Insert MP4 into PowerPoint 2016?”
- “Can Powerpoint play all kinds of MP4 videos? Why Some of my MP4 videos can play in PowerPoint very well, while other MP4 files cannot even insert into PowerPoint 2016, even PowerPoint 2013?”
- “When I use ‘Insert movie from file’ to try and insert an mp4 file to PowerPoint 2019, I get the following message “PowerPoint couldn’t insert a MP4 movie from the selected file. Either the file is non-standard, or QuickTime is not properly installed.”
- “I used my PC to make the PowerPoint 2021 with videos, but I cannot insert my MP4 files from my flip camera to PowerPoint 2010, why?”
And so on…
If the MP4 video fails to PowerPoint, there’s a high possibility that it’s due to the several common reasons such as:
- PowerPoint version conflicts;
- Don’t supported the file format in PowerPoint;
- Too many MP4 videos inserted on top of each another;
- The MP4 video files moved to a different path or folder and much more.
Read here for more reasons as to why your insert of a MP4 video into PowerPoint doesn’t work.
If you are in the above circumstances, welcome to continue reading, we provide you with the solutions.
Scenario 1. Version Conflicts and File Format Compatibility Problems
First, please have a quick look or double-check if your MP4 video file format is supported or compatible with your current version of Microsoft Office.
Then, see the Video and audio file formats supported in PowerPoint from Microsoft PowerPoint official website: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Video-and-audio-file-formats-supported-in-PowerPoint-d8b12450-26db-4c7b-a5c1-593d3418fb59
According to Microsoft PowerPoint official website explains, we know that even though our audio or video file may have the same file extension as one listed above, it may not play correctly if the correct version of the codec is not installed, or if the file is not programmed in a format that is recognized by your version of Microsoft Windows. Mostly, successful media playback relies on PowerPoint having the correct file format splitter, video data decoder, and audio data decoder. This means that PowerPoint may also support additional file types if you install additional video and audio decoders on your PC.
NOTES that Microsoft PowerPoint official website recommend:
For PowerPoint 2013 and 2016, for the best video playback experience, we recommend that you use .MP4 files encoded with H.264 video (a.k.a. MPEG-4 AVC) and AAC audio. For audio, we recommend using .m4a files encoded with AAC audio.
For PowerPoint 2010: Though PowerPoint 2010 announced to embed and play MP4 files, it has some limitations:
- You need have the QuickTime player installed on your computer and you can only insert an Apple QuickTime movie (.mov, .mp4) file to PPT 2010.
- The PowerPoint 2010 64-bit version is not compatible with 32-bit versions of QuickTime. You must install a 64-bit version of QuickTime, or a 32-bit version of PowerPoint 2010.
For PowerPoint 2007, 2003 or lower version: According to Microsoft PowerPoint official website, PowerPoint 2007, 2003 or lower version only supports WMV, AVI, ASF, and MPG/MPEG four video formats. If you import other video formats like MP4 to those version of PowerPoint, it will end in fail.
Well, now we need convert unsupported MP4 videos to PowerPoint supported videos.
To ensure that you can insert MP4 into PowerPoint slide successfully, we strongly recommend Wondershare UniConverter (Originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) – As a professional MP4 to PowerPoint Video Converter, the software can easily batch convert any MP4 files to PowerPoint compatible formats like WMV (with WMV8 codec), AVI (with some ancient codec), ASF, MOV, MP4 (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC) and MPG (MPEG-1) to let you insert MP4 into PowerPoint with ease, which are universal formats among all versions of PowerPoint, including PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 2002, 2005 or even PowerPoint 95, 97. If you are Mac users, try the UniConverter for Mac.
Besides, the top-ranked Video Converter does not only support converting MP4 and other all videos to PowerPoint recognized formats but also transforming FLAC, OGG, APE, VOC, 3GA, M4A, AC3, DTS, RA, M4B, QCP, CAF to PowerPoint recognizable audio formats like AAC, MP3, AIFF, WAV, WMA, etc.
The Video Converter Ultimate will be your ideal file converter if you need to convert you video file so that it’s compatible for insert into the PowerPoint. It’s not only ultra-fast in conversion speed, but it’s also with ZERO quality loss! Instead of converting your files one by one, you can simply drag-and-drop them onto the converter for a batch conversion.
What’s more interesting is that you can actually use the same piece of software to download any online video or audio file. There’s also a built-in editor that you can use to personalize your files before you insert the video into the PowerPoint. Download it now and explore the rest of the hidden features of the ULTIMATE video converter!
Ready to Try or Buy UniConverter?
How to Convert MP4 to PowerPoint Supported Formats on Computer?
Once you have installed the Video Converter Ultimate and want to convert videos from one file format to another, the very first step is to launch the software by double clicking on its icon.
Step 1. Load the MP4 files to be converted
Once you have successfully launched the software, the very next step is to load the video MP4 file that you want to convert. There are two methods with which you can load the files. You can add the files easily by dragging it into the interface or by clicking on the “Add Files” button located at the top. Once you have clicked on the “Add Files” button, it will open a file explorer from where you can choose the desired MP4 video file for conversion
Step 2. Choose PowerPoint compatible format
Choose the PowerPoint supported formats in the “Output Format” dropdown list. You can go to “OutPut Format” -> “Video” and find “MPEG-1 Video (*.mpg)” which works well with both Windows and Mac version of PowerPoint. What’s more, WMV or AVI is well supported by PowerPoint for Windows; MOV is well supported by PowerPoint for Mac.
You can click “Settings” to change audio channel, change video resolution, adjust bitrate, etc.
Step 3. Edit the MP4 video (Optional)
You can edit the videos according to your requirement. This step is optional and can be omitted if not needed. Click on the “Edit” button at the right side of the video to start editing it.
Step 4. Choose output folder
Once you have made all the settings and chosen the output format, the next step is to choose the folder where you want the resultant file to get stored. The default folder is chosen but you can change it to any other folder according to your requirement. Click on the “File Location” button to choose another folder of your choice.
Step 5. Start the MP4 to PowerPoint conversion process
Finally, click on the Start All button to start converting MP4 to PowerPoint MPEG-1 or WMV or MOV with highest quality and fastest speed.
After finishing the MP4 to PowerPoint format conversion, just insert the converted MP4 to PowerPoint for play just as you insert your other videos to PowerPoint.
This steps also applies to:
- Convert and play MP4 files in any version of PowerPoint Presentation including PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 2002, 2005 or even PowerPoint 95, 97;
- Convert 4K MP4 from 4K comcorders to PowerPoint compatible formats;
- Convert Flip MP4 to PowerPoint compatible format for easy insert and play;
- Convert MP4 video from iTunes to PowerPoint for easy insert MP4 into PowerPoint;
- Convert MP4 files from QuickTime/iMovie/iDVD to PowerPoint supported video format;
- Convert MP4 from iPad/iPhone/iPod to PowerPoint supported format;
- Convert MP4 downloaded from YouTube or other websites to PowerPoint;
- Convert and play other video formats including FLV, F4V, SWF, H.264, MKV, 3GP, RMVB, WebM, VOB, DV and more in PowerPoint Presentation.
How to insert a video in PowerPoint with ease and speed?
Step 1. Select the Video
Open the PowerPoint presentation and navigate to the slide to want to add the video. Then click the “Insert” > “Video” tab and select “Video on My PC” to upload the video to your slide. If you are using the version of PowerPoint 2010, you can select “Video from File.”
Step 2. Insert the Video into PowerPoint
Now a window pops up, and you can choose the video that you want to add to the presentation, and then click “Insert.”
Step 3. Customize Video Settings
Once the video has been added to the slide, you can play the video. If you want to set automatic or clicked playback, just click the “Automatically” or “On Click” option in the “Start” box.
Other Method: So far, you have realized adding videos on PowerPoint slides is not as complex as you thought. However, working on PowerPoint doesn’t offer enough features to design a professionally excellent document. Incorporating a variety of modern aspects into a document is not available. What then is the solution? Simply convert your PowerPoint presentation to PDF using suitable software and freely insert your video with ease. Wondershare PDFelement – PDF Editor also is the right software for this job. The program is popular across the globe due to plenty of up to scratch features enriched. (Get the PDFelement for Mac)
- Users can create PDF files from scratch, scanned documents, or other formats.
- If you are dealing with a document carrying sensitive information, be sure to protect it using many options like password and digital signatures.
- It can annotate your PDF file by adding reviews, highlights, and links, among others.
- Extract Data from PDF Documents(Form, Text, Image, Page)
- The editing options make it easier to edit links, images, and texts.
- It can add pages, replace pages, organize pages, delete pages, and merge pages.
- Convert PDFs to formats like PowerPoint, Word, Excel, HTML, EPUB and Images.
Steps on How to Insert Video in PDF Document
Step 1. Open the PDF Document
Launch PDFelement and open the PDF document you would like to add a video by clicking on “Open File.”
Step 2. Insert the Video
To add a video to the document in PDFelement, click “Comment” > “Add attachment” and then place the cursor where you would like to add the video. Then a window will pop up, and you can upload your video.
Step 3. Customize the Video
Once the video has been added to the page, right-click on this comment to give you a variety of customization options. You can alter the icon style, opacity, and color, cut, copy, delete, and save, among others. This attachment will also be available in the Annotation panel, and when you click on the attachment, it will lead you to the respective page.
Scenario 2. Update the links of the Video file
Whether you’ve moved the video file into a new folder, planning to send an email with your PowerPoint or copy it onto a CD, please ensure that the links of the video files has been updated. Most importantly, always save or move the video file into the EXACT SAME FOLDER as your PowerPoint. That in fact, is on top on the list of common issues in failed video playbacks.
In PowerPoint, you can easily use the Publish>Package for CD to ensure that all associated media or video files that you have inserted into the PowerPoint are properly saved in the same folder.
Please follow the links below for a detailed step-by-step instruction on how to update the links based on your Office’s version.
That’s all! In this way, you can insert and embed MP4 in PowerPoint 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2005, 2002, 2000, or even PowerPoint 95, 97 with no restriction! Enjoy.
- 5 Ways to Extract Data from PDF Documents(Form, Text, Image, Page)
- 5 Ways to Convert PDF to HTML on Mac(macOS 12 Monterey)
- Insert MP4 into PowerPoint 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000
- Convert a Word to PDF on Windows/Mac for Free (3 Easy Methods)
- How to Make a Multi-Screen Video With Filmora X?