As a youtuber for uploading videos or a person working on videos, making the custom videos which attract more attentions or traffics is very important. Then how to create a jaw-dropping and surprising videos? Many people online put up with the questions about the split-screen effect. See these requirements from networks.
How to Place two or more videos side by side?
How do I put two videos together side by side?
Can you split a video on one screen?
How do you make a split-screen video in editing software?
How do you find a split-screen video editor?
Do you know how to place videos side by side?
How do I make a split-screen video for free?
Today, I recommend Filmora– I think it is one of 2022 best multi screen video editing software, which allows you to create a split-screen video with various layouts and animations, change screen saturation, the brightness, and adjust the pitch of the audio within the video.
First let us know why to use the split-screen effect. The split-screen or multi-screen video means playing two or more videos simultaneously side by side, which is with a visible division.
The aim to gain the effect is to create the before-and-after comparison videos, promotional videos, or even to make conversational video side by side. It can show things happening at the same time in two different places. When used properly, split screen video effect can be quite interesting and engaging. (Filmora Review>>)
- Hot Topics: Green Screen | Motion Tracking | Audio Ducking | Color Match | Make Multi-Screen Video | Speed Ramping | Auto Beat Sync | Keyframing Animation
Learn mora about benefits of using split screen:
- One of the most common uses of the split screen effect is to present many perspectives simultaneously. It can be used to depict the same action from many perspectives or illustrate multiple activities occurring simultaneously. The split screen effect can be used to create a direct comparison between two different elements or actions on the screen at the same time.
- Using the split screen video effect to produce another effect, such as a clone of a person, is arguably the most creative method to apply it. In other words, you might make a movie of someone conversing with a copy of yourself. You’ll need to record two independent videos of the person and then position them side by side in the split screen to make a clone using the split screen effect.
- A split screen effect may be a great tool for telling a story, whether it’s for dramatic impact, offering instances of a point, illustrating what two or more people are doing at the same time, or numerous other possibilities.
Now let’s check how to make a multi-screen video with a split-screen effect in Filmora. Free download, install and run the 2022 best split screen video editor on your Windows or Mac.
How to Make a Multi-Screen Video with Split-screen Effect on Windows?
With the latest Filmora, you will find more than 30 animated split-screen presets, which will improve the multi-screen video more attractive. Download the latest version and follow it to have a try.
Step 1. Click Split-Screen Option into Mode selection. Pick one you like in Favorite, Download or Basic. Click to preview it on the right window.
Step 2. Drag and drop split-screen mode you like to the timeline.
Step 3. Click Import option to input the media source files into the library.
Step 4. Drag the source videos to the Review window.
Step 5. Click ADVANCED button into make the advanced detailed settings.
Step 6. After making the settings, click “Export” button to save or share your multi-screen video.
Tips: The duration of the split screen is 5s in default. And you can drag the edge of the split screen forward or backward to change the duration.
Here are several output options for you:
- Format: Save multi-screen video to all popular video formats such as AVI, HEVC, WMV, MOV, FLV, MP4, MKV, MPEG, WebM, etc.
- Device: Choose from different devices and get optimized multi-screen videos. Then click the little triangle button to change advanced settings like video and audio encoder, frame rate, bit rate, etc.
- YouTube: Fill in your YouTube account information and the video information to share your work on YouTube directly.
- Vimeo: Fill in your Vimeo account information and the video information to directly share your work on Vimeo.
- DVD: Set the DVD parameters like DVD label, Video Quality, TV Standard, and Aspect Ratio, and then burn video to DVD.
How to Make a Multi-Screen Video with Split-screen Effect on Mac?
For Mac users, the 2022 best split screen video editor for Mac is Filmora for Mac. Making a split-screen video on Mac with Filmora is easy. You can follow the steps below to put your videos side by side. Download Filmora for Mac now. The detailed procedures for making a split screen video on Mac with this split screen video editor are listed below and let’s get started. (Filmora for Mac Review)
Step 1. Launch Filmora and create a new project. Then import the media files that you need.
Step 2. After importing your media files to the Media Library, select the Split Screen tab and preview to choose a screen mode. You can now place 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 videos on the same screen since there are various split-screen layouts available.
Step 4. Drag the Split Screen layout to the timeline, and then double click it to enter the editing panel. Add the video clips from Media to the screen in the Preview window accordingly. From here, you can also adjust the color and thickness of the borders in the split-screen video, apply motion effects to the whole split-screen video. Turn on or turn off the audio in the split-screen based on your needs.
Step 4. If you want to adjust the starting points of each split-screen clip or adjust a single clip further, just click the Advanced button to enter the Advanced Split Screen Edit panel.
Step 5. You can save the split screen video in a variety of ways with Filmora for Mac. After you’ve completed the project, click “Export” to save the split video in several formats.
Don’t forget to produce and share your project. This will finalize your video file. You can upload the finished video to a hosting site, such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc. social media platforms directly, or burn it to DVD, or save it locally as an MP4 or other formats. Now share your creativity with the world using the multi-screen video effect.