If you have a lot of DVD discs and you want to be able to watch to them from any computer or device around your home without any limitation, you may want to set up a movie server. This is easier than it sounds – essentially you copy all your DVD movies to one large storage device that can stream the DVD movie files to your game consoles, media players, Smart TVs, and portable devices.
One of the best tools to accomplish this is a network-attached storage device such as Seagate Central 3TB Personal Cloud Storage. With it, you can easily manage your DVD digital library with the Seagate Central. Then you can access your own personal cloud using the free Seagate Media app on any devices. All you need is an Internet-connected device to browse and seamlessly enjoy your DVD content stored on Seagate Central.
- Hot Search: DVD to Plex server | Copy DVD to Hard Drive | DVD to NAS | DVD to Android Tablet | DVD to iPad Air
The Seagate Central has the ability to stream most major file types, including MP4, M4V, MKV, AVI, WMV, OGG, MP3, M4A, WMA, AIFF, WAV, and FLAC. However, playback support is ultimately dictated by the playback device, meanwhile, considering DVD copy protection, you may need rip DVDs to any playable digital formats and then backup the ripped DVD movies to Seagate Central Personal Cloud Storage. It has many advantages, for example, it frees you from the troubles of disc loss or damage, and the space of physical hard disk, and lets you upload a personal DVD movies to the Youtube, VLC, Windows Media Player, streaming DVD contents to Chromecast 2, TV, Roku player, PS３, PS4, WDTV and so on, so you can share it with your family members or access your movies at home or on the road.
With a fast and easy-to-use DVD to Seagate Central ripper, you will save your time and effort in establishing a complete and convenient online personal movie theater. Aimersoft DVD Ripper is the No.1 fast DVD conversion software in the market which decrypts almost all copy-protected DVDs. It could backup DVD to Seagate Central 2TB/3TB/4TB Personal Cloud Storage compatible H.264 video, MPEG-4, and Motion-JPEG for video, and AAC, MP3, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV for audio with excellent output video quality. Besides converting DVD files, it can also compress a DVD to smaller file size, saving the space for your console if you need. So it’s extremely easy to use if you need to save your entire DVD library to the Seagate Central. Plus, the professional DVD Ripper not only can select subtitle, trim videos and reset video parameters for better DVD viewing on any multimedia devices, but also offer you 6X time DVD ripping speed by NVIDIA CUDA technology on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, XP, etc. The following how-to guide on Windows PC can be taken for reference.
Preparation: Download and install the cloud DVD ripper on your computer
Tips: If you need to use the DVD Ripper on more than one computer, select the second purchase; if you just used on a computer, please skip this message.
How to Rip and Backup DVD library to Seagate Central 3TB Personal Cloud Storage for streaming?
Step 1. Load your DVDs
Launch the DVD ripping software, click on the upper “Load DVD” button to browse and import the DVD discs you want to convert. More surprisingly, you are allowed to directly rip DVD folders or ISO image files from your hard drive to the Seagate Central Personal Cloud Storage and multimedia devices supported formats.
All added files will be listed on the left source area. You can preview the DVD videos on the right viewing window and take snapshots of your favorite movie scenes.
Step 2. Choose a proper output format for Seagate Central cloud storage and multimedia devices.
The selection of output format depends on your specific need: If you only need to store your DVDs to Seagate Central personal cloud storage, you don’t need to consider about the devices’ format matter. Click the “Profile” bar to select output profile for your Seagate Central Personal Cloud Storage, say “H.264 Video(*.mp4)” from “Common Video” or “HD Video”.
Conversely, you can refer to the output format:
1. If you need to stream DVD to Samsung devices, simply click the “Profile” column and choose Samsung compatible formats from “Samsung”;
2. If you need to stream DVD to PS4, PS3, PSP, Xbox One/360, Wii, etc., simply click the “Profile” column and choose compatible format from “Game Hardware”, which will remove all the incompatibility issue;
3. If you desire to stream the ripped DVDs to Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, Android, Surface and any of other multimedia devices, you can also choose directly from the “Apple”, “Common Video”, “HD Video”, etc. profile listed in the “Profile” Category that envelops 150+ profiles, there are HD MP4, HD MOV, HD AVI, HD MKV, HD WMV, HD MPG, TS, WebM, DV, AVI, Divx, Xvid, FLV, SWF, F4V, M4V, etc. available for your choice.
- If the quantity of DVDs to be saved is large, try to choose the output format with comparatively low quality (for small output size), and oppositely, choose the high quality. You can also adjust the output resolution by clicking the “Settings” button. 720p or 1080p is all up to your choice.
- You can browse to choose any location on your computer disk as the destination to save the output movie files.
Step 3. Fetch and add metadata to DVD movies (Optional)
Click the Find Info button on top of the main window, there will pop up a windows that allows you to search the DVD movie metadata. All you need to do is enter the movie name and click the search button to begin metadata searching. All movie information courtesy of TMDb (www.themoviedb.org).
Tips: Just note that you can add search movie metadata only when the output format is MP4, MOV, M4V or Apple devices output presets.
Step 4. Ready for DVD to Seagate Central 3TB Personal Cloud Storage ripping.
When all are OK, just press the “Start” button to begin ripping the DVD movie to the digital file accepted by your Seagate Central 3TB Personal Cloud Storage or devices. After the conversion, you just need to backup the ripped movies to Seagate Central 3TB Personal Cloud Storage for streaming.
How to Move DVD movies to Seagate Central 3TB Personal Cloud Storage on computer?
1. Set up your Seagate Central by opening the Public folder and clicking on the “Manage the Seagate Central” link.
2. Before you decide to transfer a large amount of files to your Seagate Central, Seagate recommends you make sure you have the most up-to-date firmware. See the instructions at the end of this article on how to check and update firmware.
3. Open the Start menu, then open (My) Computer or Windows/File Explorer.
4. In the left sidebar, click on the triangle icon next to Network to expand the menu:
5. Find the Seagate Central and click on it and the Seagate Central will appear with the hostname. Example: Seagate-123456. The Public folder will appear. You may also see folders with titles that correspond with your username and other users you have set up. If you plan to view your content outside of your home using the Seagate Media app, this content must be placed in the Public folder.
6. Open another Windows/File Explorer or (My) Computer window and navigate to the files you would like to add to your Seagate Central.
7. Select the content you would like to copy and drag and drop the content to the folder of your choice. The private folder”s title is your username. That folder will always require a login and should be used to store files you don’t want readily available on your local network. You can add files to this folder by double-clicking on the folder and providing your credentials. Once you’re logged in, you can manually transfer files to that folder. (Learn more at seagate.com)
Additional Tip: How to verify and update firmware?
To verify whether you have the latest version of the firmware on the Seagate Central, open the Public folder and click on the “Manage the Seagate Central” link. Once logged in, go to “Settings” and then click on “Advanced” and “Firmware Update”. On the right-hand side, click on “Check for update” and apply any updates it may find.
Right now, you can stream the stored DVD movies in Seagate Central 3TB Personal Cloud Storage to your PS4, PS3, Xbox, WD TV Live, Roku 3, Portable devices, etc. for seamlessly enjoying!