Outline: If you’re looking for other more user-friendly, efficient, and cost-effective Premiere Pro alternatives for your video editing needs. That’s exactly what we’ll cover in this article.
Adobe Premiere Pro, a timeline-based video editing software application developed by Adobe Inc., is the trump card in the video editor category. It is loved by users for its high-quality products, huge community, rich functions and ease of use. However, due to the complexity of Premiere Pro, one may start to see what other options are available, including video editing software that supports different operating systems and offers more or less editing options and different user interfaces. Offers benefits beyond video editing, such as working on multiple projects simultaneously, support for most known video and audio formats, hundreds of plugins, and a collaborative workspace. Furthermore, having such advanced features and a highly detailed interface also means that it is quite heavy and requires a powerful system to run. It also integrates with other Adobe products like Photoshop and After Effects as a complete solution for video editing and other creative projects.
Since Premiere Pro is professional software and requires a professional user experience, it is not recommended for beginners. Unless you have enough mastery of the software, it is also time-consuming, coupled with its high cost, so it is recommended that you use other relatively more user-friendly, efficient and cost-effective video editing software as an alternative to Premiere Pro.
So what would an perfect Premiere Pro alternative look like for beginners?
An ideal Premiere Pro alternative needs to be easy to use even for beginners, and should allow you to quickly render and edit video on any system without lags and frequent crashes.
It should also be affordable, while retaining some of the advanced editing capabilities of Premiere Pro, allowing you to easily create videos for multiple use cases.
Filmora is the best Adobe Premiere Pro alternative for beginner in 2022. Hivimoore also finds 10 more alternatives to Adobe Premiere Pro.
Here is the perfect Premier Pro alternative we will cover: Filmora
Filmora is a simple and mature video editing software, which is a reliable alternative for Adobe Premiere Pro, which is a convenient choice for beginners. It just allows users to edit and operate video as needed, but use simpler methods can save time. It provides all the basic functions required to complete the work without affecting quality. Now it is vigorously promoting and recommending users who have insufficient experience.
It is also a powerful video editor, which is suitable for people seeking higher video editing levels. You can use it to create more than 50 sets of settings. Key frame features can be used to easily make animations. Automatic color correction can help you make movie videos. It allows you to record video with a webcam with draws, then edit it – as an excellent editing kit for end-to-end video.
It is definitely more easy to use than Premiere Pro, and except for advanced features, including 4K editing support, GIF support, noise removal, advanced text editor, audio mixer, video stabilization, scene detection, and an audio equalizer.
- Motion Tracking: Filmora allows you to easily attach the elements onto the moving object.
- Zooming and Panning: If you have seen the Ken Burns movie, you will know how magically smoothed and flat. With Filmora, you can easily achieve this goal.
- Color Matching: This feature is used to match the color of the selected clip with another frame of another clip.
- Keyframing: Change any animation by adding a keyframe to change the position, ratio, opacity, rotation, and easy customization of any animation.
- Split Screen: You can easily create a split screen video to play multiple videos simultaneously in a preset. This is useful when you want to display different angled shots at once, compare two clips or images, or incorporate two or more types of footage into your video at once.
- Stabilization: Have a smooth, stable video is that you never want to be of course things, because it looks great, and use Filmora, you can easily achieve this goal.
- Audio Ducking: Use this feature, you can dilute the background music when you listen to alone or conversations to ensure clarity.
- Colour Grading: The video you take from the camera is not always what you want. If you really want a better video, please continue to use Filmora to make toning.
- Green Screen: If you are an anchor on youTuber, or just like to make a short dragon, green screen can help you easily overlay the theme.
- Tilt Shift: Tilt-shift effect is something that requires a proper lens that can be a bit expensive and Filmora can do it with great efficiency.
- Picture in Picture: If you want to give your project a futuristic vibe, you can do so by using the picture in picture feature.
- Shortcuts: You can create a keyboard shortcut with the new hotkey command.
- Effects Library: Filmora comes with 30 new elements and 9 callout titles included.
- Dark Mode: Filmora new dark mode permits you to edit videos while being pleased with your eyes.
- Basic Features: Filmora comes with a host of basic video editing features such as splitting, rotating, cropping, trimming, brightness controls, as well as volume controls.
- Audio Visualizer: Make your music alive on PC now.
- Speech to Text: Save your time by converting voice to subtitles in one click.
- Text to Speech: One click to convert text to voiceover and liven up your story.
- Support SRT file: Easily add external subtitles to your video.
- Support HDR: Vivid visual experience in Filmora now.
- Contains exclusive transitions, filters, titles, and motion elements
- Highly affordable compared to similar high-end video editing suites that come with advanced editing features like keyframing, green screen editing and color correction.
- Comes with 4K editing support
- Excellent value for money.
- Easy to use.
- Great list of both basic and advanced features.
- Easy on the computer.
- No free version, only a free trial is offered
- Since Filmora needs to be downloaded on your desktop, it requires minimum system specifications to perform well, such as 10 GB of free space, 8 GB RAM and Windows 7 / MacOS 10.13 or above.
How to Use the best Adobe Premiere Pro alternative – Filmora?
The good thing about using Filmora is that the process is rather easy and straightforward. There are not many nooks and crannies that could cause issues either, so easily using it is the way to go. Still, for those interested, we have a detailed tutorial below.
Step 1: Once you have gone through the process of downloading, installing, and registering Filmora, the first step is to launch the software.
Step 2: You will be welcomed by a simple interface that will ask you to create a new project, or open an existing one. If you choose to create a new project, you will be taken to the video editing interface.
The interface will give you the following options that you can use.
- Media Library: This one is for importing media files that range from videos, photos, as well as audios, and add them into the library. This window also serves to display function icons like effects, titles, and transitions.
- Toolbar: The second part is the toolbar, here you will be able to access editing tools such as cut, speed, delete, and edit. The purpose of this is to make things easier for the editors.
- Timeline: The timeline itself serves as a storyboard. It is used to assemble different parts of your project into one, cohesive video. With the latest update, you can add up to 100 tracks in the timeline.
- Preview: The preview section is super handy, especially when you realize that you can actually see all the changes that you are making to the video on the go.
Step 3: Once you are done with these things, all you need to do is start adding or simply drag-drop the media files into the project.
Step 4: The added media files can be worked on in batches, or you can edit them individually if you want to have separate control over them.
Step 5: Once you are done with the editing, simply click the Export button above the timeline, and make sure you check all the parameters that you want and click on Export.
Once you follow these steps, you will be able to use the Adobe Premiere Pro Alternative with ease. However, the software is full of features that you can use, so experimenting is something that we always encourage because that often brings out the best possible creativity.
Learn More Adobe Premiere Pro Alternative and Similar Programs
A few of other Adobe Premiere Pro alternative softwares supporting different operating systems are listed below:
1. Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro has been widely accepted as the best editing software for Mac. The ability of easy to use interfaces and processing different file formats enable Final Cut Pro to be suitable for professional and non -professional users.
The latest Final Cut Pro X brings improved timelines, allowing you to better overview your projects. TouchBar allows users to create shortcuts for the most commonly used tools, and the REC 2020 wide color gamut to broaden the color gamut. Final Cut Pro X is currently on the App Store for $ 299.
-Very suitable for users with intermediate editing skills
-Can be used for mobile
-Support high -resolution file format
-Limited color grading ability
-Applicable to Mac
Lightworks is a cloud-based non-linear video editor that makes video editing easier without compromising functionality. It runs on Mac, Windows and Linux and allows you to add effects using video routing and keyframing.
The editing interface allows you to split larger projects into so-called “rooms,” which are simply workspaces for different parts of your work. The editor supports almost all formats, but your export options will vary depending on the version you’re using. Speaking of which, there are two versions: Free and Pro. The free version does the job well, but there are a few things that make the Pro version more appealing.
– There is a free version
– Cross-platform (for Windows, Mac and Linux)
– Suitable for basic and advanced gaming video editing
– Multicam support
– Advanced color grading capabilities and transition effects to enrich your gameplay videos
– Title animation
– Free version only allows 720p and H.264/MP4 export
– Beginners may take a while to get familiar with the interface
– No social sharing options
– Limited output formats
3. HitFilm Express
HitFilm Express is an intuitive video editing software that is a cost-effective Premiere Pro solution for beginners and intermediate users. It provides a workspace with expandable panels and a combined timeline, allowing you to switch between editing tasks just like switching between browser tabs.
HitFilm’s range of advanced features – including the ability to add unlimited audio tracks, color grade video, replace backgrounds, advanced tracking and screen simulations, sky replacement tools, masking and layering tools, 3D models and sci-fi visual effects – make it Be the editor’s first choice.
– Small learning curve.
– Free and supported for Mac and Windows.
– Multiple user support options such as tutorials and email support.
– Editing, VFX and 3D tools on one platform.
– Exporting takes time.
– Add-ons are not free. You have to buy what you need.
– Not all file formats are supported.
4. Sony Vegas Pro
This video editing software has all the tools a professional editor might need to create a video ad or feature film. In fact, Vegas Pro has been used for years to edit movies and TV shows that captivate the hearts and minds of audiences around the world. The current version of Vegas Pro 14 is compatible with all Windows operating systems, including the latest Windows 10 version.
Editing software allows you to import a variety of footage, including 4K recordings and other high-resolution formats. Vegas Pro is great for creating stunning visuals or editing 3D videos, and to make things even better, the software enables users to create Blu-ray and DVD discs. Video enthusiasts and high-end professionals will definitely love editing their footage in Vegas Pro because the options it offers are limitless. The latest version of Vegas Pro 14 costs between $400 and $800.
-Basic editing skills required
-Supports a large number of video input formats
-3D video editing
-No mobile app
If you want an Adobe Premiere Pro alternative on Windows and Mac, why not choose Filmora? This is a professional video editing software that can intensify your story and half-pros. It’s easy to use compared to other professional editors. You will have more control over video effects and transitions. Automatic color correction and automatic audio synchronization can help you save a lot of time. So if you want to experience a new way to edit videos, download Filmora now!
More Video Editing Tips: