If you want to make your first animation as a beginner, then here is what you need. Probably you just google to search for an alternative Keyframes Animation software and reach here. Please read on. This article will make you experience completely different type of animation. There are several ways to gain animation like the traditional frame-by-frame, Flash-style animations, stop motions, 2D and 3D animations, etc. Now let’s dive and dig more.
Part 1. What is Keyframing?
Keyframing is a way to make the animation effects, which helps set the starting and the ending points. A series of keyframes complete a moving object with the smooth transition over time. This effect can be applied in a drawing or a shot of the filed of the animation or film-making.
Imagine you want to get the result on the screen: A blue circle like a ball bounces from one point to another. Set the start and the end as two keyframes. Meanwhile, the frames which decides the future direction will be regarded as the keyframes too. Use the keyframing effect, the blue circle is moving according to the set keyframe points smoothly.
Part 2. Picture Demonstration (Illustration)
See the following pictures to know what the keyframe is and in-between frame. A sequence of frames including the keyframes will create the animation. From the pictures below we can clearly display how the ball moves or runs on a predetermined trajectory.
Part 3. Solution Keyframes Animation Software for Animating Object
Do you want which are the best Keyframes Animation software for beginners? Check out the list below about the animation creation software. It includes some of the popular and preferred applications on the market as well as less-known ones but still very good tools.
- Adobe After Effects
- Toon Boom Harmony
- Wondershare Filmora
- Adobe Animate
- DigiCel FlipBook
- Stop Motion Studio
- Adobe Character Animator
- Synfig Studio
Part 4. More Questions Online About Keyframing Animation
- How do you create an animation with keyframes?
- How is keyframe used in animation?
- Is keyframing an animation?
- How do you use keyframes?
- What are the 4 different types of keyframes?
- What is keyframing and tweening?
- How is animation generated?
- What are the types of keyframe animation?
- What technology is used in animation?
- What tools do animators use?
Part 5. How to Add Keyframes to make Animation in Filmora
It is a good option to use Filmora to make the custom animations using keyframing feature. You can create a keyframe to decide the values of animation qualities and insert it in the specific frames.
Give you a sample like: set one value for the size at one timestamp and another larger value at another timestamp. The piece of media you are keyframing will grow between those two keyframes. You can adjust the keyframe scale, position, rotation and the opacity.
Keyframing can bring static images to life by introducing animations. With the super-easy keyframing tool in Filmora, you can now make cool videos. From basic to complex keyframing, Filmora has got you covered. The customization feature lets you unleash your creativity and take your editing to a professional level. Make your logo pop by adding keyframe animations. Better yet, you can also animate text.
- Filmora More Hot Features: Audio Ducking | Motion Tracking | Split Screen | Green Screen | Speed Ramping | AI Portrait | Auto Beat Sync | Auto Reframe | Color Matching
Free download the best Keyframes Animation Software, install and run it on your computer:
Step 1. Create and Edit Keyframes
Import the video clips, pictures or motion element to the library media. Then drag and drop them to the timeline. Right-click on it. Select Add Animation.
In the pop-up window, click the Animation tab, and select Customize.
Move the indicator to put it to the place where you hope to add a keyframe, and then click Add.
Here you can see the keyframe you added to the source video. Now set values in the keyframing menu or preview it to adjust its size, placement, and rotation.
After that step, then move the indicator again to another place, click Add to create more keyframes. Meanwhile, you can adjust the rotate, scale, position, and opacity values as you like.
Note: Add at least two keyframes to make an animation. The first keyframe is the current state of the animation media. The second keyframe set in the clip will change the state.
Check your animation by playing your video on the timeline. Or you right-click the keyframe on the video to add or clear all keyframes you created.
- Move the playhead in the timeline where you want to start animating—double-tap the image. Go to the Animation tab and click on Customize. Finally, press Add. A circle will appear in the timeline, indicating that a keyframe has been created at that point in the timeline.
- To animate, move the playhead further in the timeline and move the logo to a new position. A new circle/keyframe will instantly appear on the timeline.
- In case you want the animations to be fast, you can drag the keyframes close to each other, reducing the distance. A shorter distance between the keyframes will make the animations faster. Similarly, you can increase the distance to slow down the animation.
Changing keyframe values
Suppose you don’t like a keyframe you have created. There is a simple one-click way to fix that.
- In the Animation tab, tap Customize. Press the arrow keys on either side of the Delete button to reach the keyframe you wish to change.
- Now change the position of the logo to a new one. Play the video to see that the keyframe will be changed to the new position you selected.
Apart from Position, Filmora allows us to customize the Rotation, Scale, and Opacity. Adjusting these values can give our animation a very refined look. The process, however, is simple.
- Move the playhead further on the timeline, change the Rotation value, and a third circle will appear.
- To make the animation complex, use the arrowhead to go to the first keyframe. Set the Opacity to zero. Now it will seem as if the logo is materializing from thin air.
- Add more complexity by moving the playhead further along and pressing Add. No line will appear because all the animation attributes are the same as the last keyframe. Move the playhead further and set the Scale to zero. Now play the video. The logo will shrink to disappear. Cool, right?
Sometimes, you wish to delete an excess keyframe or erase every keyframe to start all over again. There are three easy ways to do that.
- Animation tab- Use the arrow key to select the keyframe you want to delete and press Delete.
- Timeline- Right-click the keyframe and tap Delete Keyframe.
- Reset- Above the timeline, there’s a Reset button. Pressing Reset will erase all the keyframes.
Step 2. Preset Animations
You can use the presets to animate the clips instead of making the custom animation so that you can save much time. Double click on the clip, picture or other elements on your timeline. Click Animation tab and select Preset.
Choose a preset and drag-drop to the timeline. Apply it on the video clip.
Drag to increase or decrease the distance between the keyframes to adjust the speed.
Here now you can adjust the preset animation by clicking the keyframe on the clip, and customize the rotate, scale, position, and opacity values you want.
Keyframing is a feature full of magic, which can make the still pictures, video clips, or other elements on the timeline moving and running. Using keyframing of Filmora, you can make fantastic and fancy videos. You can not miss this tool if you are a beginner for the animation. For a business usage, you can create a cool logo by adding keyframe animations. Imagine how you create a text run like what you want.